A huge part of inbound marketing is creating great website content, specifically through a blog. This can be hard especially for people who don’t write often. Things will go well for the first few weeks and then disaster strikes – writer’s block!
The best way to avoid sitting at your screen with an empty mind and blank screen is to prevent writer’s block from ever occurring. Take the following steps to prevent writer’s block so you can continually create fresh, interesting content for your website on a regular basis.
5 Ways To Prevent Writer’s Block
1. Create a list of content ideas. Before you ever start creating content on a project you should brainstorm as many ideas as possible. Compile all your content ideas into one list and keep that list handy. Refer to it often and add to it whenever you get a new idea. This will give you a great source of ideas that will starve off writer’s block and never leave you short of content to create.
2. Subscribe to blogs in your niche. If you want to write then you need to read. Subscribing to blogs related to your topics of interest will keep you informed and inspire ideas for your own blog. When you are reading and thinking about the right topics it will make it easier to create content.
3. Write every day. Write for at least 15-30 minutes a day even if you think what you are writing is complete crap. It might be something you have to throw out but it will usually spark other ideas. Writing daily will make it easier for you to create content than if you only write sporadically. Implement a writing schedule and stick with it whether you feel like writing or not and in time it will be routine.
4. Give yourself a break. A lot of writer’s block is simply a case of the writer feeling pressure to create something perfect. It’s harder to create content when you feel like it has to be the best post or ebook ever written. Give yourself a break and realize your work will flow more easily when you save the critiques for the editing process.
5. Sleep and take care of yourself. It’s harder to write great content when you don’t feel your best. Sleep long enough, eat well, and exercise to keep yourself physically and mentally healthy. This will go a long way in keeping your mind sharp and preventing writer’s block!
Content creation can be easy if you do the things above and give yourself a chance to succeed. If you do all these things you will find that even writing about boring topics happens naturally!
Get every new post delivered to your Inbox
Join other followers